Current Activities

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIII

Currently Reading:
Naomi Klein- The Shock Doctrine

Currently Watching:
House MD
"V"
Fringe
Caprica (On Hiatus :@)
Scrubs

Twitter Updates

Friday, January 30, 2009

On refrences and terrible drafting of win

I finally read Orwell's essay, Shooting an Elephant and understand the reference in Meet Bill. It's pretty funny.

I ended up doing a draft last night/this morning. My first tournament since Morning Tide probably... and it went a lot better then expected. The first pack I opened ended up having Excommunicate in it, so I decided to draft something with white. Initially I thought the card was an instant, and once I realized it wasn't I was pretty disappointed. It still won me a couple of games though, I hear getting rid of blockers is pretty good. Then I was passed Realm Razer, which I ended up taking because I need him for another deck. I ended up going Red Green White... the decklist obviously follows. I lucked into a couple of big beasts, although someone else was in my colors as well so I didn't get as many as I wanted, but took mana ramp in the form of Obelisks regardless seeing how as the orignal plan was to abuse Realm Razer. And then my second pack I got Hellkite Overlord. I'm not going to lie, he was orignally just a rare draft for me. But I saw I had obelisks to fit his color and in the deck he went. The following is the end result:


Some of these cards like Angelsong, and Welkin guide are probably by no means picked in decks normally. But I figured they might help me out of a rough spot, and they did. Namely one of the last rounds I played I had my opponent down to 9, with him having the kill on me next turn. Luckily I had my trusty Thoctar out with Naya Battlemage out. A topdeck into the Welkin guide for 9 overhead damage and the match win was most excellent. I ended up going 3-1 and taking 2nd place.

I would go into more detail but this has been sitting on my computer for the last few days, and really can't remember my matchs all that well xD. The Draft was enjoyable because Kelly was there though, even though she got mana boned almost every game... too bad this week the naab is going to Comicon >:[

But with magic the gathering in mind, it looks like we are going to start doing casual friday MTG, and drafting thursday nights. It should be a good time! I have all ready worked my Hellkite Tyrant into his own little deck ^_^

Ah well

A magic playing again Travy

No comments: