Current Activities

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIII

Currently Reading:
Naomi Klein- The Shock Doctrine

Currently Watching:
House MD
"V"
Fringe
Caprica (On Hiatus :@)
Scrubs

Twitter Updates

Monday, January 26, 2009

On Tradition

One thing that always seems to consistently leave me awestruck, and doesn't seem to ever change, is just how well the combination of lust and greed go together. I suppose all of the original sins combo well off of one another, but lust and greed strike me hard as a c-c-c-c-combo. They have been around for ever, with the exceptionally attractive leeching off of the exceptionally rich and vice versa, an almost symbiotic relationship.

I suppose I look at it as being shallow, money buying love that is. But on who's end really? Is it wrong of the terribly well endowed to ache for money? I mean I know I would love to happen into a ton of cash, but would I be willing to trade my body over to someone for their own pleasures in exchange for a comfortable lifestyle? I would really hope not. As a matter of fact I am pretty sure I wouldn't, not in most cases anyways...
Unfortunately if you tangle the second part of the equation I might just be tempted, as one also has to ask themselves could you resist someone who is infinitely attractive to you. While I seem to be able to easily manage avoiding pursuing the whole lust bit (Arguably because I am not that confident with my own looks and that probably helps), if some incredibly attractive chick wanted to pay me to sleep with her I don't know how well I could resist. A comfortable lifestyle + sex with someone I would be all lusty over? How amazing could that be.

Still, I try to keep to the mindset of money can't buy you love, what's sex without love, etc etc etc. Doesn't everyone in the end seek someone who is both physically attractive and mentally attractive as well? Honestly, I wouldn't date someone who I saw as unattractive regardless of their level of mental intellect, or how well we matched up. Does that make me a terrible person? Does that make me shallow? I think so, if an individual is unattractive to me it just isn't going to fly, so be it.
But everyone is shallow. It's another one to add to my list of laws on humanity. No matter what anyone says or does, in the end they would really like to be with someone they are physically attracted to in addition to their mental attraction. And for some people, the physical attraction is all they want, more then willingly sacrificing any chance of what I deem to be a real relationship. We are all shallow, just everyone has different tiers as to what they find attractive.

And speaking of character flaws, I really need to stop procrastinating, I still have English and psychology to do for tomorrow and I should all ready be going to bed. It can be helped according to some people, but I am quite content in my ability to procrastinate. Even without world of warcraft I still mindlessly browse the intrawebs....

A still procrastinating Travy

I'd never lie to you
Unless I had to I'll do what I got to
Unless I had to I'll do what I got to, the truth
Is you could slit my throat
And with my one last gasping breath
I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt

No comments: